Sam Hurd is known around NFL circles as the 'Cut Day' possibility. Now he made himself known more for his hustling off-the-field, rather than on-the-field. The seldom-used receiver for the Chicago Bears, more notable as former Dallas Cowboys WR, was arrested Wednesday night on federal drug charges according to the Dallas Morning News.
According to authorities, Hurd allegedly attempted to purchase drugs from a supplier here in North Texas, which is where the case will be adjudicated. The local office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement is handling the investigation, authorities said.
According to the complaint, Hurd told an undercover operative that he wanted up to 10 kilograms of cocaine and a half ton of marijuana per week "for distribution in the Chicago area."
Hurd told the undercover that he was willing to pay $25,000 per kilo of cocaine and $450 per pound for the marijuana, the document states.
...his co-conspirator is in charge of doing the majority of the deals as HURD focuses on the "higher-end" deals. HURD subsequently inquired if the UCA (undercover operative) and the CI (confidential informant involved in the case) could provide him with Mexican cellular telephones, as HURD believed that law enforcement did not have the capability of "listening" to Mexican telephones.
Sam Hurd inked a 3-year, $5.15 million contract last summer with the Beras. Left befuddled by his stupidity, Sam Hurd is now speculated to be cut by the Bears soon. The real mystery, were other NFL players using or involved with Hurd's 'dealings.'
A drug enforcement officer told 670 the Score all the details about the Sam Hurd arrest. Shortly afterwards, the radio station is also hearing that officials have acquired a list of NFL players who got their drugs from Hurd, and it’s in the “double digits.”
Start remembering all the names of Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears teammates who were good friends with Sam Hurd over the years. This is a terrifying report for NFL players to hear.
Update: It continues to get worst for Hurd. Here is the official complaint facts:
- In July, while still a member of the Dallas Cowboys, Hurd was interviewed by authorities after a bag of money belonging to him was taken into custody. A conspirator of Hurd’s was busted, through a coordinated operation made to look like a routine traffic stop, while driving Hurd’s vehicle, which contained a bag with $88,000 in it. The authorities released the co-conspirator and retained the money, which Hurd then claimed. Hurd told the authorities that he had put the money in the bag and left it in the car, while it was in for maintenance and detailing.
- In August, authorities received information that Hurd was tied to four individuals taken into custody in California. Text messages on their phones, received from Hurd and his co-conspirator, were consistent with drug trafficking.
- Hurd spoke with a confidential informant in September, and then again in early December, when Hurd was in Chicago. After multiple conversations, the informant discussed traveling from Texas to Chicago where Hurd was hoping to set up a “long term relationship”.
- Hurd met the informant yesterday, December 14th, at a restaurant in Chicago, where Hurd stated that he wanted 5 to 10 kilograms of cocaine per week, and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week, and was going to pay $25,000 per kilo of cocaine and $450 per pound of marijuana. Doing some quick math, that is a cash outlay of at least $675,000 per week by Hurd.
- In a humorous note, Hurd inquired of the informant at yesterday’s meeting whether he had access to Mexican cellular telephones, because Hurd believed law enforcement couldn’t listen to Mexican cell phones.
- At yesterday’s meeting, the informant and another undercover officer presented Hurd with a kilogram of cocaine, and Hurd promised payment after football practice. Hurd was arrested upon leaving the restaurant.
Other Stories: Best College Gameday Signs of 2011
- Lebron uses Tebow's Name in Vain
- Fuck the BCS, The Final 16-Team Playoff
- Craig James leaves ESPN, Will now face Backlash in Politics
- Mike Leach can now be associated with Houston Strip Clubs
- Gus Malzahn shocks CFB, Arkansas State Bound
- Todd Graham finishes his 1-Year Plan
- Russian Nets Owner may want to Die Soon
- Recruit asks Lebron to Decide his College Choice
- Tiger Woods Wins, Gets Mashed Potato'd
- Houston Cougars peebowed before Nick Novak
- UNLV/Tupac Fan thrown out during upset win for Bro Hug
- Mystery Team: Pick who should play LSU
- Paterno goes out like Richard Nixon
- Ron Washington calls Cardinals "Cocksuckers, Motherfuckers"
- Bill Walton is tortured to never punch Wallace
Sorry Bro Sports (www.SorryBroSports.com) is where you can get all breaking news or rumors around all type of sports. With a nice blend of humorous videos, gifs or images from sports. SorryBroSports has 0 off days. For quicker breaking news, you must follow me @TravisHouser on Twitter. Or if you have a scoop or interesting thoughts about sports, message me there. Bookmark Sorry Bro Sports.